Junior Panhellenic Council
2019 JPC Members
The Junior Panhellenic Council is a branch of the College Panhellenic Council designed for new members to become involved in the Panhellenic side of Sorority.
The purpose of JPC is as follows:
1. To provide a voice for new members of the University of Southern Mississippi’s Panhellenic Council
2. To increase the JPC members’ awareness of the Panhellenic Council’s operations
3. To create specific opportunities for the JPC to interact via community service
4. To help promote the National Panhellenic Council's philanthropy, Circle of Sisterhood
5. To discuss ways and provide the Panhellenic Council with a fresh insight on ways to improve formal membership recruitment and new member processes in a structured format
6. To learn the leadership skills necessary to become a positive and proactive member of all aspects of the Greek Community
7. To serve as a chapter liaison between the new members and the Panhellenic Council.
8. To assist the College Panhellenic Council Executive Board whenever needed.
Sixteen newly initiated members (two from each chapter) will be selected to join the Council, and the term will last from January to December of 2017. Women who are selected have the opportunity to apply for various leadership positions within the Council and to assist the College Panhellenic Council Executive Team with various duties.
JPC Meeting Minutes